25 Dates under $50
February 10, 2016//Just For Parents, Things to Do
- Visit the Taubman Museum and then grab dessert at the City Market (We love Bayou’s Snowballs!)
- Paint pottery at Glazed Bisque It (Some larger pieces can be pricey, so why not paint one together?)
- Go rock climbing at River Rock– they have a late night discount Mondays-Thursdays after 8 pm until 10 pm.
- Visit your local library and find some poetry to share with one another, some times a little cheese is what you need! (plus that leaves $50 for a nice dinner!)
- Attend a local high school basketball/football/soccer game! Don’t forget to buy some popcorn and snow-cones at the concession stand (and kiss under the bleachers!)
- Bowl a few games at AMF Hilltop Lanes, who just so happens to have a full restaurant and bar on location.
- Go for a hike! Roanoke has some of the best trails in the entire Appalachian Trail. Use the cash to splurge on a fancy trail mix!
- Volunteer at a pet shelter together. Local shelters often look for volunteers to walk, cuddles and help train adoptable animals.
- Eat at a Food Truck. Roanoke and the surrounding areas has several food trucks that offer great food at cheap prices, for $50 you could have a taste from a lot. Our staff’s favorites are Toasted by Casey and Mama Crocketts!
- Ice Skating! The outdoor Elmwood Rink is set to close on Valentine’s Day this year, so make sure you get out there early!
- Go to a Trivia Night at CUPS.
- Visit the Science Museum and the Butterfly Garden.
- Cook a dinner at home and binge watch a new show on Netflix.
- Go roller skating at Star City Skate Center.
- Get in your car with a penny. Flip the penny and when it lands on heads, take the next right, on tails – the next left! Do this 10-15 times, then make a date where you end up! (which may just be making out in the car!)
- Take a free yoga class together. (there’s several offered in Downtown Roanoke)
- Attend a High School play. (Pulaski has a great and active theatre program, recently showing The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.)
- Go to a local Farmer’s Market and pick out fresh ingredients and cook dinner together.
- Go to Mishap Games and pick out a new board game to learn together.
- Take in a movie at The Grandin Theatre and still have money left over to visit Viva La Cupcake.
- Laugh your heads off at Corned Beef & Co with Star City Comedy Club.
- Bring out your inner child at the Virginia Museum of Transportation.
- Rent a pair of bikes (or a tandem!) from Underdog Bikes downtown and explore the city.
- Race Go-Karts at Thunder Valley.