6 Ways to Stop The Spread
1) You are still safest at home – plan ahead if you need to go out. If possible:
- Keep kids home with appropriate supervision if you have to run out.
- If you bring your child out with you, use curbside services when possible and don’t leave your child in the car if you have to run into a store.
2) Teach and reinforce everyday preventive actions
- Explainthat hand washing can keep them healthy and stop the virus from spreading to others.
- Be a good role model—if you wash your hands often, they’re more likely to do the same.
3) Help your child stay active and socially connected
- Encourage your child to play outdoors, but to do it safely —it’s great for physical and mental health. Take a walk with your child or go on a bike ride. Arrange for appropriate supervision and encourage social distancing.
·Use indoor activity breaks (like stretch breaks or dance breaks) throughout the day to help your child stay healthy and focused.
·Reach out to friends and family via phone or video chats.
·Write cards or letters to family members they may not be able to visit.
4) Help your child cope with stress - everyone reacts to stress differently. Look out for:
- Excessiveworry or sadness
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Unhealthy sleeping habits
- Difficulty with attention and concentration