COVID-19 RESOURCES AND NEWS
ARTICLES FROM ROANOKE VALLEY FAMILY
Covid-19 Study Shows Virus Less Severe in Children
Home School Moms Share Tips For New Home Schoolers
Expert Advice on Talking to Your Kids About the Coronavirus
What to Do if You are Sick with Coronavirus
WEBSITES AND INFORMATION
Carilion Clinic Coronavirus Information
CDC Proper Hand Washing Instructions
ARTICLES FROM OTHER PUBLICATIONS AND WEBSITES
What is the best way to disinfect your mask?
New info from Yale - Hydrogen peroxide for disinfection! That's what we've been saying all along
Can DIY homemade masks protect us from coronavirus? https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/diy-homemade-...
What are the Best Materials for Making a DIY Face Mask?*
Can a face mask protect you?
Making an N95 Mask
What is a reliable way to disinfect masks? (the Smart Air Filters guy ROCKS with the cloth mask info)
If you really want to get in to the weeds, this thread has an overwhelming about of info/discussion about the topics of materials and filters and patterns. The FB group itself has relevant info on many PPE topics
Household products that kill Covid19
How Long Corona Virus will last on surfaces
Decontaminating N95s at Duke University
Don't Panic About Shopping, Getting Delivery, or Accepting Packages (how long the virus lasts on various surfaces)
University of Florida anesthesiology team making masks from hospital leftovers
RESOURCES FOR SCHOOLS AND PARENTS
- Protecting Student Privacy: FERPA and the Coronavirus (March 12, 2020)
- CDC guidance on Considerations for School Closures (March 13, 2020)
- Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the COVID-19 Outbreak (March 12, 2020)
- COPAA COVID-19 Statement online
- Read the full OCR Letter to Education Leader
- Fact Sheet: Impact of COVID-19 on Assessments and Accountability under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (March 12, 2020)
- CDC Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs: Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (updated March 12, 2020)
- The Readiness Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center website has useful information, resources, trainings, and tools for addressing infectious diseases, related topics, and protecting the school community.
- The USDA released new information on flexibilities that will allow students to access meal service during school closures.
- The Office for Civil Rights issued a Letter to Education Leaders on Preventing and Addressing potential discrimination associated with COVID-19.
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations: Interim Recommendations for US Community Facilities with Suspected/Confirmed Coronavirus Disease
- Q and A about providing services to Special Education Students during a Coronavirus shutdown.
LOCAL SCHOOL INFORMATION
Roanoke County Schools Coronavirus Information
Roanoke City Schools Coronavirus Information
Salem Schools Coronavirus Information
Botetourt County Schools Coronavirus Information
Franklin County Schools Coronavirus Information
Montgomery County Schools Coronavirus Information
Bedford County Schools Coronavirus Information
Lynchburg City Schools Coronavirus Information
Craig County Schools Coronavirus Information