Valentine’s Day Activities
Valentine’s Day Estimation game: trace your child’s hand and guess how many candy hearts will fit in the tracing before eating your holiday treat!
- White wood glue
- Borax powder (laundry detergent aisle at the store)
- Red food coloring
- Measuring spoon
- Two containers
- Airtight container for storage
- In your first container, put one tablespoon of glue, a tablespoon of water, and a tiny drop of the food coloring. Stir.
- In another container, put one teaspoon of borax powder and mix it with one tablespoon of water. Stir the mixture until the borax powder dissolves.
- Next, combine the borax solution with your coloured glue mixture, and mix the together. You can do this using your hands. Notice that slime starts to form.
- TA-DA! You have just made your very own pink slime!
- Be sure to wash you hands afterwards, Borax powder is not safe for ingestion. When you’re not playing with your slime, be sure to store in the airtight container so it doesn’t dry out.
DIY Heart Shaped Bath Bombs
Use a heart shaped mold with our recipe for Lavender and Chamomile bath bombs for a cute homemade gift.
DIY Heart Shaped Crayons
Using silicone heart shaped molds, take the paper off of the crayons. Using a knife, cut the pieces into ½ inch pieces. Place the crayon pieces in the mold in whatever color combinations you like, then place in the oven, at 150 degrees fahrenheit, for 15-20 minutes. After removing from the oven, let sit for 30-60 minutes before removing from the molds. Voila! You have your own DIY crayons!